Mission of the Volunteer Program
The purpose of the Volunteer Program is to effectively utilize the talents, skills, and knowledge of the people of this community to preserve fire fighting heritage, educate the public in fire safety and prevention and to interest young people in the fire service.
Vision of the Volunteer Program
- Recruit a diverse base of volunteers
- Maintain a consistent number of volunteers
- Recognition and appreciation of volunteers
- Increase the services we offer without increasing our costs/overhead
- Capitalize on the strengths and talents of our community with leadership programs and mentoring
- Offer work experience/training for volunteers
- Become the first choice for potential volunteers in our community
Your regular attendance at volunteer meetings and commitment to other volunteer involvement is vital to the success of our organization. Please do all that you can to plan this time into your schedule.
Utilizing volunteers does more than help us to be more cost effective (although that is important too). You may have skills, expertise, knowledge, contacts, enthusiasm or a host of other valuable resources to contribute to our organization. Perhaps over time you may well move through several roles, which utilize different aspects of your help.
As a volunteer member you make a commitment:
- To learn the extent of your role and carry it out fully
- To take part in a way that maintains the professionalism of Kelowna Fire Museum & Education Centre
- To keep certain information confidential
Your commitment is of great value!
Our volunteers strive to provide leadership and direction to provide quality programs for children, youth, families and the public at large. We welcome and appreciate your participation.
Volunteer PositionsJob Descriptions
Volunteer Coordinator - Click to view Description
Fundraising Volunteer - Click to view Description
Grant Writer - Click to view Description
Special Events Committee Volunteer - Click to view Description
Special Events Volunteer - Click to view Description
Member Services Volunteer - Click to view Description
Public Relations Volunteer - Click to view Description
Bookkeeping Volunteer - Click to view Description
Reception Volunteer - Click to view Description
Firehouse Kitchen Coordinator - Click to view Description
Firehouse Kitchen Volunteer - Click to view Description
Tour Captains Volunteer - Click to view Description